President William Ruto has this evening unveiled his new Cabinet, hours after meeting former President Uhuru Kenyatta’s cabinet.
Education Ministry is now under Ezekiel Machogu as the Cabinet Secretary replacing the outgoing Prof. George Magoha.
Musalia Mudavadi has been nominated for the Prime Cabinet Secretary position.
The Cabinet nominees are as follows:
- Interior and National Administration- Prof Kithure Kindiki
- National Treasury and Planning- Prof Njuguna Ndung’u
- Public Service and Gender- Aisha Jumwa Katana
- Defence-Aden Duale
- Water, Sanitation, and Irrigation –Alice Wahome
- Foreign and Diaspora Affairs- Alfred Mutua
- Trade, Investments, and Industry- Moses Kuria
- East African Community- Rebecca Miano
- Roads, Transport and Public Works- Kipchumba Murkomen
- Environment and Forestry- Roselinda Tuya
- Housing and Lands and Urban Development- Zacharia Mwangi Njeru
- Tourism, Wildlife, and Heritage- Penina Malonza
- Agriculture and Livestock- Mithika Linturi
- Health- Susan Wafula
- Information, Communications and Digital Economy- Eliud Owalo
- Education- Ezekiel Machogu
- Energy and Petroleum- Davis Chirchir
- Youth Affairs and Sports- Ababu Nawamba
- Cooperatives and Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise (MSME) development- Simon Chelugui
- Mining, Blue Economy and Maritime Affairs- Salim Mvurya
- Labour and Social Protection- Florence Bore
The president has also named Justin Muturi as the Attorney General.