MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
STATE DEPARTMENT OF EARLY LEARNING AND BASIC EDUCATION
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FY 2021/2022
The Ministry of Education through Equity Group Foundation is awarding Secondary School Elimu Scholarship in all 47 Counties (including informal settlements in fifteen (15) urban centres) to needy and vulnerable learners who attained 280 marks and above in the 2021 KCPE Examination.
For affirmative action, candidates who are Orphans and those with special needs and disabilities who attained below 280 marks may be considered.
Only candidates who sat the 2021 KCPE examinations from public primary schools in all 47 Counties in the Country are eligible,
The applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates with special neods and disabilities (Physical, Hearing and Visual Impairments, Autism, Albinism, Learning Disabilities and Others); or
- Orphans and vulnerable children; or
- Candidates from informal settlements in 15 urban centres; or
- whose parents/guardians are living with disabilities that have compromised their ability to meet their financial obligations of their children.
- whose families are affected by HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses with debilitating effects that could render parents and guardians destitute and unable to fend for their families.
- whose families are affected by extreme poverty rendering them unable to educate their children.
- Who have suffered from neglect, abuse and have no support to continue with their education.
Interested applicants are advised to collect scholarship application forms from the nearest Equity Bank Branch or Equity Bank Agent.
Application forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry of Education and Equity Group Foundation websites; https://education.go.ke and https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/register_elimu Duly completed application forms including supporting documents should be submitted either online OR to the nearest Equity Bank Branch or Equity Bank Agent by 5.00 pm on 6th May, 2022.
Shortlisted candidates, accompanied by parents/guardians, will be invited for interviews which will be conducted by the Community Selection Advisory Committees.
Please note that ONLY the candidates who meet the stipulated requirements will be considered for the scholarship.
The scholarship caters for school fees, transport to and from school, school kit and a stipend (pocket money) for the beneficiaries for the four-year education period.
Members of the public are urged to share this information widely so as to reach as many potential beneficiaries as possible.
For any questions or grievances regarding the application process Of the Elimu Scholarship Programme, please contact Tel: +254763063000, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
URBAN CENTRES WITH INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS