Ref No. CEM/JSS/VOL.1/009
All County Directors of Education
RE: COUNTY LEVEL TRAINING OF JSS TEACHERS ON PEDAGOGICAL CONTENT KNOWLEDGE – 2023
In line with its mandate stipulated in the Guidelines for Implementation of Junior Secondary Education, the Centre for Mathematics Science and Technology Education in Africa (CEMASTEA) is rolling out the training on Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) for Junior Secondary School (JSS) teachers.
The county level training of JSS teachers will be conducted for 5 days in two batches as follows:
- Batch 1: Monday 23rd to Friday 28th April 2023
- Batch 2: Monday 1st to Friday 5th May 2023
However, the counties of (1) Garissa (2) Isiolo (3) Lamu (4) Marsabit (5) Mombasa (6) Samburu (7) Tana River which have 200 JSS teachers or less, will conduct the training in one batch on Monday 23rd to Friday 28th April 2023.
The purpose of this letter therefore is to ask the CTCDC to:
(1) Invite the JSS teachers to participate in the training on the said dates. See Annex I for distribution of participants in batches.
(2) Ensure that the INSET centres hosting the training are ready for the training.
(3) Purchase required materials for the training listed in Annex II subject to the limit of the approved budget.
(4) Pay each participant a Daily allowance of Ksh 2,000 per day for five days to enable them to find their own accommodation close to the training venues.
(5) Pay each participant a return transport allowance as per the approved budget for JSS training.
(6) Incur all other expenses necessary for the effective implementation of the training in line with the 2023 Approved Budget for the County.
Jacinta L. Asaka, HSC
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
I really appreciate the good work done by CEMASTEA in kenya.the IBL and PBL well expressed.
CBC training was wonderful.
PEDAGOGICAL content knowledge well cascaded.
Thank you team
Tsc online transfer s especially should be handled by the IT persons at the offices not at school level.
I really appreciate the good work done by camestea the Kenya the ibl and pbl well expressed cbc training was wonderful
Online transfer by principals is punishing classroom teachers. My opinion is that a committee be set to deal with it
But teachers from Tharaka Nithi county who attended the training are not yet paid