The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) will start countrywide teacher promotion interviews for primary school teachers early next week.
The interviews aimed to fill 36,505 promotion vacancies which were advertised in September this year will be done in sub-counties.
The interviews for the primary school teachers will start from 4th to 15th December 2023.
It will start with C1 teachers who will compete to fill 10,819 slots for Senior Teacher II (C2) position for regular schools and 700 slots for special schools.
The Commission listed the following items to be presented during the December promotion interviews.
1) Original National ID Card
2) Original Academic and Professional Certificates
3) Letter of appointment to the current Grade
4) Letter of appointment to the current post (where applicable)
5) Analysed individual subject results in KCPE/KCSE Examinations for the last three years, certified by TSC County Directors/Sub County Directors.
6) Performance Appraisal Reports for 2020, 2021, and 2022
7) Any other relevant testimonials supporting your performance
Around one hundred and fifty thousand primary and secondary school teachers were shortlisted and were issued with interview letters to compete for the 36,505 vacancies.
Secondary school teachers will have their interviews next year. It will run from 3rd to 16th January 2024.
C2 teachers will fight to fill 3,040 slots for Senior Teacher I (C3) for regular primary schools and 346 slots for special schools.
C3 teachers will scramble to fill 1,930 slots for Deputy Headteacher II (C4) position for regular primary schools.
Deputy Headteachers in C4 will wrestle to fill 1,049 Headteacher position in C5 for regular primary schools and 30 for special schools.
This interview will be one of a kind with a record number of teachers ever to get shortlisted for promotion by TSC.
It will also be the first time to have such interviews for promotion of school administrators done in sub-counties.