Promotion interview for primary and secondary school teachers seeking administrative positions are entering second week.
In primary schools deputy headteachers who are job group C4 are fighting to be promoted to headteacher position.
Some headteachers in Asal and hard to staff areas and who are in C4 want to be confirmed and placed in job group C5.
Last week so many seniors, deputies and headteachers from both primary and secondary schools were interviewed.
The interviews started as early as 20th March in some counties. The interview panels were led by the TSC County Directors.
Others who participated in interviewing the teachers included the Deputy County Directors, Sub County Directors from both TSC and Ministry of Education.
Present for questioning were also the Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) from all the zones in the County.
Candidates were required to avail seven documents during the interviews. These are;
1. Original National ID Card
2. Original Academic and Professional Certificates
3. Letter of Appointment to the Current Grade
4. Letter of Appointment to the Current Post (where applicable)
5. Analysed individual subject results in KCPE/KCSE Examinations for the last three years certified by TSC County Director/Sub County Director
6. Performance Appraisal Reports for 2020, 2021 and 2022
7. Any other relevant testimonials supporting your performance
However it emerged that in some counties teachers were asked to produce the confirmation of appointment letters for their current grades which many lacked.
They were advised to visit their sub county directors offices for the letters. The panels used the teachers most recent payslips to confirm their job group.
The questions asked by the panels ranged from day to day running of the school (administrative), to current and emerging issues.