TSC OFFICIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR DEPLOYMENT OF PTE TEACHERS TO JUNIOR SECONDARY
For deployment to junior secondary school (JSS), the teacher should hold any of the following;
1. Diploma in Education
2. Higher National Diploma in Education
3. Bachelors Degree in Education
4. Post Graduate Diploma in Education
5. Masters Degree or PhD in Education
6. All must have been trained in Secondary Teacher Education with at least two teaching subjects
7. Must have scored a mean grade of C+ (Plus) and above at KCSE
8. Must have scored at least C+ (Plus) and above at KCSE in the two teaching subjects.
Note Teachers who scored C (Plain) and below at KCSE and joined Universities and studied Bachelors degree in Education (Secondary option) are not eligible for deployment.
MANAGEMENT OF A PUBLIC BASIC EDUCATION INSTITUTION
The management of public institution shall be the Boards of Management (BOM) appointed by the Cabinet Secretary in charge of Basic Education and shall have delegated authority to oversee the management of education resources and implementation of policies and guidelines in basic education institutions.
HEAD OF A PRIVATE INSTITUTION
The minimum professional qualifications required to head an institution are;
|Stand-alone Pre-Primary 1 and 2||Diploma ECDE|
|Pre-Primary 1 and 2 and Grades 1, 2 and 3||Diploma Primary Teacher Education or PTE Certificate|
|Pre-Primary 1 and 2 and Grades 1 to 6||Diploma Primary Teacher Education or PTE Certificate|
|Primary and Junior Secondary School||BED/DSTE|