The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has continued to issue ‘show cause’ letters to a number of Heads of Institutions (HOI) who failed to update their Teacher Management Information System (TMIS).
The school heads must give satisfactory reasons why their TMIS details are still pending and when are they going to be done.
According to the Commission school heads must keep their TMIS data upto date each school term by ensuring both teacher records and learner enrolment are updated.
However a number of school heads did not update their TMIS records last term which made TSC to issue show cause letters demanding for reasons for the undone assignment.
The Commission generated a list containing details of the teachers who are have not been captured on TMIS.
The lists which contained the name of the teacher, his/her ID number, age, gender, county, sub county, school TSC code and school name.
So far a number of school heads have already complied by updating their TMIS details and adding teachers who are missing on the online portal.
TSC uses TMIS data in day to day teacher management tasks. Its also through the TMIS registration that the Commission can send teachers bulk SMS services.
Through the TMIS the Commission is able to know the school enrolment details and such data is useful especially when working out teacher transfers and staff balancing.
Teachers are also able to be added to the Teacher Performance Appraisal System (TPAD) through the TMIS portal and their TPAD details transferred from school to school through the system.
TSC also uses TMIS to know the number of teachers in a school who have gone to further their studies.
HOW TO ADD TEACHERS ON TMIS ONLINE FORM
Kindly must be a school head to perform this function. If you have the login details given by the school head you can as well proceed.
1. Open your browser like Chrome and visit the link https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/ the below window will appear
2. In the User Name part enter the school headteachers TSC number and then enter his password for login in to TMIS. Once you have entered the details click Log in and the below window will appear with the name of the school head on top right corner
3. Place you cursor on TMIS RETURNS and click Submit Teachers Returns. The below window will appear
4. Now click Next To Enrollment as shown above. The below window showing the school enrollment will appear
5. Now click Next To Teachers Details as shown above. A window containing details of each teacher in the school will be displayed. This is also the place where you can add a missing teacher or remove (deleting) those who transferred or retired.
6. Now enter the TSC number of the teacher you want to add and then press Enter on your keyboard. The TSC number should be entered in the TSC No. column as shown below just next to the search icon.
7. Once you press Enter on your keyboard to search the teachers details will appear. Not all details of the teacher will appear others like Date Reported to Current Station, Responsibility, Nationality, Date of First Appointment, Date of App. to Current Grade, Religion, SNE specialization, Leave Type etc you will have to enter them manually.
Once you are through entering the teacher details just save them by clicking the save button on the right corner as shown below.