VACANCIES(RE-ADVERTISEMENT) FOR INTERNSHIP POSTS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS (16 TEACHER INTERNS)
The Teachers Service Commission invites applications from qualified candidates to fill 16 internship vacancies in Secondary schools.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website, www.tsc.go.ke under “Careers” or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke not later than 2nd June, 2023
To qualify for recruitment, a candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of at least a diploma in education with a minimum mean Grade of C+ (plus) and C+ (plus) in two teaching Subjects in KCSE or its equivalent;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
- Manual applications will not be considered.
- The Commission’s Recruitment Guidelines for the recruitment of Teacher Interns 2022/2023 Financial Year (Post Primary Institutions) shall apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present original academic and professional certificates.
- Selection of Candidates will strictly be on merit and based on the number of vacancies per County.
- Applicants who were previously employed by the Teachers Service Commission on permanent and pensionable and those who have served under TSC internship programme are not eligible.
- An applicant is allowed to apply in two schools where appropriate vacancies have been declared.
- Successful candidates must not take more than one Offer of Internship Engagement. Taking two or more offers of internship engagement will lead to disqualification.
- Successful applicants will be required to have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
- The Teacher Internship Programme is a one (1) year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering the teaching service.
- The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience.
- During verification/ interviews, applicants shall be required to produce the following: –
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable);
- A copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or Passport;
- Two (2) colour passport size photographs;
- A copy of National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card;
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
The Internship period will be for twelve (12) months.
MONTHLY STIPEND FOR TEACHER INTERNS
This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher interns attached to secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 20,000/-. The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, teacher interns will be awarded a certificate.
The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer as per the constitutional provisions and law and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
The recruitment exercise is free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission forewarns applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting persons purporting to assist in recruitment.
REPORTING OF FRAUD
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest TSC office or Teachers Service Commission headquarters through the following telephone lines: Director Staffing (0202892193) and Deputy Director- Staffing (0202892131) or write to the Commission through the email address email@example.com
Further, any such fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest police station.
Details on available vacancies per county and school is in the Teachers Service Commission’s website: www.tsc.go.ke
TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION
RE-ADVERTISEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL INTERN POSTS – MAY
2023 (16) DISTRIBUTION OF POSTS BY COUNTY AND SUB-COUNTY
Why some areas are advertised and yet there was a handered percent transition to secondary schools