PLACEMENT TO UNIVERSITIES, PUBLIC TVET COLLEGES AND TTCS FOR GOVERNMENT SPONSORSHIP
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) wishes to announce that:
1. The online application system for placement to universities and colleges under Government Sponsorship is now open until Thursday, June 2, 2022.
2. All the 2021 KCSE candidates who applied for courses at school and would wish to revise their choices are invited to do so. Those who did not apply at school can also submit their applications within the period.
What are the minimum requirements?
1. The overall minimum entry requirement for Degree courses is a mean grade of C+.
2. The overall minimum entry requirement for Diploma courses is C- (minus); for Craft Certificate courses is D (plain); and for Artisan Certificate courses is E.
Who can apply?
1. Application for degree courses is open only to the KCSE examination class of 2021 (applicants with C+ and above).
2. Form Four Leavers who sat the KCSE examination between the years 2000 and 2021 and have never been placed by KUCCPS are eligible to apply for courses at all levels except Degree. (i.e. they can only apply for courses offered in the TVET colleges)
3. Form Four Leavers who sat for KCSE between the years 2000 and 2021 and scored C (plain) and above are eligible to apply for placement to Primary Teacher Training Colleges (TTCs).
4. Application to Primary TTCs is also open to Kenyans who have done other courses but wish to train to become teachers, those with foreign qualifications and non-Kenyan citizens.
How to Apply
1. Visit the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.ac.ke and click Student’s Portal tab.
2. On the portal, click the Login tab.
To log in, enter your KCSE Index Number, your KCSE year and your password.
(Your password is your KCPE index number OR your birth certificate number.)
3. Once logged in, view the available courses, universities and TVET colleges on the Programmes and Institutions tabs. When you find the courses you want and qualify for, add them to the Basket or note down their programme codes.
4. To apply, click Application/Revision and key in the programme codes in the provided form in the order or priority. (If you enter a code for a course you don’t qualify for, the system will reject it and you will have to enter a code for another course. Repeat this until all codes are accepted).
5. Once the system has accepted all your programme codes, Submit.
6. To complete your submission, follow the payment procedures that will appear on your screen.
For detailed guidelines, download and read the Student’s Guide available on the portal under Downloads.
Applicants who may need support are advised to visit our officers stationed in the Huduma Centres located in Nairobi (GPO), Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Garissa, Kitui, Eldoret, Kakamega, Meru, Kitale, Thika, Isiolo, Narok, Laikipia and Nakuru, or any other Huduma Centre countrywide.
Advisory on Fraudulent Sites
Applicants are advised to beware of potentially fraudulent social media pages and websites providing false and misleading information about the placement process.
To verify information about the placement process, check the mainstream media, KUCCPS website and the KUCCPS social media pages shown below:
Facebook: @the.placement.service | Twitter: @KUCCPS_Official (with a blue tick).
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Can a student who score C- in KCSE ,is is able to be sponsored by KUCCPS for TTC
You cannot join TTC with a mean grade of C- the entry grade was revised following the entry Of CBC
Interested in my son getting a place he did kCSE in march 2022 he scored a D and I am very interested in this
Kindly help me out
Kindly apply for your son online by tomorrow midnight when the portal closes