For P1 teachers who want to upgrade from Primary Teacher Education (PTE) to Diploma Primary Teacher Education (DPTE) they must meet the following requirements;
1. The applicant must possess a valid PTE Certificate
2. The applicant must be registered by the Teachers Service Commission.
3. The duration of the course shall be 1500 Hours.
4. The Course shall be fully residential.
5. The trainee shall take all courses specified in the upgrading programme of Diploma in Primary Teacher Education
6. The trainees shall undertake a Teaching Practicum of 300 Hours.
7. To be awarded the Diploma, the trainee must complete the required hours for Course Work and the stipulated assessment by the Kenya National Examination Council.
NAKURU TEACHERS TRAINING COLLEGE
Below is the fee structure for Nakuru Teachers Training College. Kindly note that the fee structure does not include the examination fees amounting sh 15,700 and the teaching practice fees amounting sh 15,000.
Also note that Nakuru TTC is a private college and the fee is slightly lower in public colleges.
UPGRADING PROGRAM FEE STRUCTURE FOR DPTE (SEPTEMBER 2021 INTAKE)
|TERM||VOTE HEADS||AMOUNT (KSHS)|
|TERM 1||ADMISSION FEE TUITION & BOARDING FEE||2,500/= 31,000/=|
|TOTAL – TERM 1||33,500/=|
|TERM II||TUITION & BOARDING FEE||23,000/=|
|TOTAL TERM 2||23,000/=|
|TERM III||TUITION & BOARDING FEE||23,000/=|
|TOTAL TERM 3||23,000/=|
ISLAMIC TEACHERS TRAINING COLLEGE (MOMBASA)
FEES STRUCTURE FOR UPGRADING PTE CERTIFICATE TO DPTE
Below is the fee structure for Islamic TTC in Mikindani in Mombasa county. This is also a private TTC.
|1st Term||2nd Term||3rd Term|
|Students ID card||300.00||0.00||0.00|
Examination fees amounting to 15,700 payable during 2nd term. Practicum fees amounting to 15,000 is payable during 4th term (Practicum Session)