The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has today said TSC email activation for teachers currently stands at 76% compliance.
TSC further ordered teachers employed on permanent and pensionable terms (P & P) and those on internship and have not activated their email to do before the window is closed.
“Teachers email activation stands at 76 % compliance. There is a window for P & P and intern teachers who have not activated to do so in order to receive official communication from TSC. In case of difficulties, fill in the form in this link: TSC Email activation queries” said TSC.
The exercise of activating the emails started on 15th February, 2021 and closed on 30th April, 2021.
However TSC extended email registration process after a huge number of teachers failed to do so before deadline.
TSC is yet to disclose the new deadline.
TSC said upon the expiry of the registration window, all emails outside the e-platform shall not be acted upon.
TSC email takes the format teachers fast and last name combined with last two TSC number firstname.lastname@example.org.
In a circular dated 15th February 2021, TSC said in its 2019-2023 Strategic Plan, it identified Reforms and Innovation in the provision of teaching services as its strategic focus area aimed at improving service delivery to its employees and stakeholders.
The Commission said it has successfully migrated services related to recruitment and promotions of teachers to an online system and that there will be no manual applications for recruitment and promotion of teachers with effect from 1st March, 2021.
TSC has also successfully migrated to online services related to transfer of teachers.
TSC said applications for transfer shall be accessed through the Commission’s website at www.tsc.go.ke while the mode and manner of application for both recruitment and promotion will be communicated in the adverts whenever there is a vacancy.
Further, the Commission has introduced an e-platform for official emails, virtual meetings and remote learning.
The platform targets all teachers employed by the Commission and those undergoing internship programmes.
The platform will be used in the following instances: –
a) For official communication between the Commission and teachers including transmission of official letters, Circulars, Pay-slips and responses to teachers’ inquiries amongst others.
b) To promote the usage of e-learning at no cost.
c) To support and promote the usage of virtual meetings. Institutions can therefore use the platform to hold virtual meetings while teachers will be able to create peer groups to carry out learning activities including mentoring and coaching.
i. All Heads of Institutions and teachers including those on internship are required to activate their email accounts provided on the platform and use it for all communications to the Commission.
The official email will take the format of the teacher’s name, the last two digits of the TSC number @mwalimu.tsc.go.ke.
ii. The detailed procedure on how to activate the system is provided in the user guidelines attached to this circular and may also be accessed through the Commission’s website.
iii. The Commission’s ICT field officers will be available to assist in the activation of the accounts. Heads of Institutions may use the ICT champions to sensitize teachers in their institutions and provide any needed technical support.
iv. In addition to an official personal account, heads of institutions are to open a separate head-of-institution email. This address will be available to subsequent heads of institutions for continuity.
v. Heads of institutions shall update the teachers official email address and registered personal mobile phone number in the Teacher Management Information System (TMIS) within 30 days after all teachers in the institution have activated their emails.
Further, users may seek help on activation of the email, virtual meetings and remote learning through the following address; email@example.com. All other normal queries and/or issues, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is the step by step guide on how a teacher can activate TSC email
EMAIL ACTIVATION GUIDELINES
The procedure of activating individual official email is as follows:
1. Access the Commission Website www.tsc.go.ke
2. Select Online Services and from the drop-down select Teachers Email Activation.
3. A new page https://tscsearch.azurewebsites.net/ will load with a field where you will be required to fill your TSC Number and click next.
4. A new field requiring your ID Number will appear, fill and click VERIFY.
5. Verify the images and click Verify.
6. Your details which are already uploaded in the Commission System will be verified.
7. Click on the icon to view and record your official email and the temporary password.
8. Click on the office.com to go to the site.
9. Enter your email as per the record you had taken.
10. Enter the password you had recorded.
11. Click next to continue.
12. Additional information will be needed to secure your account and for future password verification.
13. Select I want to set up a different method.
14. Click on the drop-down and select phone.
15. Then Click confirm.
16. Next field will request for the teacher’s mobile number. This number must be the teacher mobile number, it will be used in future to reset password and carry-out other important Commission Transactions including pay-slip activities.
17. Select the Country and enter the mobile number. This must be your number and you should have the phone with you.
18. Once done as below click Next.
19. A code will be received in the phone provided for verification. Enter the code in the space provided as below and click Next.
20. Once the code entered the account will now be activated. Click Next to proceed.
21. Click Done to complete the process.
22. You will now be required to change the password to put yours.
23. Enter the password recorded earlier as the “Current password”, then enter your new password and confirm it. Don’t share this password with anyone as it will compromise your accounts.
24. The account is now ready for use. Enter the email address and Click Next.
25. Enter the code sent to your phone and click Next.
26. Click on the box Don’t show again and select No to proceed.
27. Click on the outlook icon to access your emails.
28. Your email account is now ready for use.
29. Always remember to sign off once done if you are using a public computer.
NB: You can also download outlook app and install into your phone or tablet/iPad for those with smartphones.
For any queries related to the email activation, you can get assistance from the ICT Champion teachers, TSC office near you or you can email to email@example.com.