The Kenya National Examination Council (Knec) has issued warning to teachers who are yet to create and update their CP2 details.
Knec says it will close the exercise by today and that teachers who were vetted for the upcoming exams and assessments should have their CP2 profiles details done.
Failure to create and update CP2 details means teachers will miss their payments. Knec pays teachers after the exams have officially been released.
Some teachers are still complaining that they cannot access their CP2 accounts due to password issues. Some say the passwords are sent to emails and phone numbers which no longer exists.
Knec however says those with serious problems in accessing or creating their CP2 accounts should see their Sub County Directors for assistance.
This year Knec will use teachers in administration of 2022 KCPE, KPSEA, KCSE and DECTE exams and assessments.
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has already vetted and will deploy at least 250,000 teachers as centre managers, supervisors, invigilators and examiners.
Around 1,268,830 Grade 6 learners will sit for KPSEA exams and 1,230,000 candidates for KCPE exams while Form 4 for KCSE are about 880,000.
How to register in Knec CP2 portal and solve problems arising from registration:
1. Access the system home page using the link: http://cp2.knec.ac.ke/Account/Register.
2. Upon accessing the home page, to acquire Username and Password, click on the CREATE ACCOUNT button, enter your mobile number (must be a Safaricom line registered with Mpesa) in the format provided e.g. 254722677***, confirm the same phone number then click the create account button once again to submit details.
3. You will receive your password through an sms from KNEC to login into the CP2 system and provide required registration details.
4. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE SMS AFTER A REASONABLE TIME, dial *456*9*5*5*1# to unblock your line then repeat the process and ensure successful submission of captured details in the CP2 system.
5. To Reset/ Recover forgotten password, using the link: http://cp2.knec.ac.ke/Reset/Password click the RESET PASSWORD button on the CP2 system, key in your mobile number in the specified format e.g. 254722657— then click on the Reset Password button once again to submit the request. You will receive your username and password through KNEC SMS.
6. For more information, download the letter user manual from the link: http://cp2.knec.ac.ke
7. Registered contracted professionals (those who have created accounts in CP2) should login, verify existing details and update registration details (profile) in the CP2 system e.g., in case of changes in their status, workstation or qualifications.
Below are the 25 details required for registration on the Knec CP2 platform. The details are classified into five categories.
i) Full name
ii) Year of Birth
iv) National ID number
v) KRA Pin
vi) NSSF number
vii) NHIF number
viii) Email address
i) Bank name
ii) Bank branch
iii) Bank Account number
i) Level of study
ii) Name of Education Institution
iii) Name/Title of Course
iv) Period of study
ii) TSC number
iii) Name of Institution (Workplace)
iv) Designation/Job Title
v) When did you start working here?
vii) Sub County
NEXT OF KIN DETAILS
i) Full name
ii) Telephone number
KCPE and KPSEA exams will start and end same day. The exams will start on 28th November and end on 30th November 2022. The candidates will also have a rehearsal day on 25th November.
This week Knec also released a circular ordering only a number of people to be allowed within exam centres.
Knec has authorized only the following persons to be in the examination centres during KPSEA, KCPE and KCSE exam period
1 Centre Manager;
2 Deputy Principal/Headteacher;- where an examination centre has more than one deputy then the centre manager shall designate one deputy to assist him/her;
6 Laboratory technician and science teacher only during practicals;
7 Authorized support staff to prepare meals for candidates who will strictly restrict their movements to the Kitchen.
LIST OF 2022 KNEC NATIONAL EXAMS AND ASSESSMENTS
|Examination||Rehearsal||Start date||End date|
|Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)||18th November 2022||21st November 2022||23rd December 2022|
|Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE)||25th November 2022||28th November 2022||30th November 2022|
|Kenya Primary School Education Assessment (KPSEA)||25th November 2022||28th November 2022||30th November 2022|
|Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE)||18th November 2022||21st November 2022||25th November 2022|
KNEC 2022 PAYMENT RATES FOR CONTRACTED PROFESSIONALS
|Contracted Professional||Exam||Region||Pay Per Day||Total Days engaged||Total Pay|
|Centre Manager||KCPE/KPSEA||All Regions||Sh500||4||Sh2,000|
|Centre Manager||KCSE||All Regions||Sh500||18||Sh9,000|
|Invigilators||KCSE||Nairobi & Mombasa||Sh580||17||Sh9,860|
|Supervisors||KCSE||Nairobi & Mombasa||Sh695||18||Sh12,510|
|Security Officers||KCSE||All Regions||Sh420||16||Sh6,720|
I hv not received my password yet even after resetting nad creating account pliz help.pnone no 0705433188
Wonderful job, transparency is the key
am waiting too, this thing doesn’t seem to work
Have not received my SMS code to log in even after submitted my details
What do I do I spend most of times trying but its not sending the user name and password please help. Till now its not working
till now after supervising for since the technical exam started am told my details are not in the same centre am at.
It not working. I have tried several times
I have tried logging in several times but no message sent