Ten things you didn’t know about TSC CEO Dr. Nancy Macharia
1) Dr. Nancy Njeri Macharia was born in Murang’a in 1963
2) She is the current TSC Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Secretary. She took over from Gabriel Lengoiboni who retired on June 30th, 2015
3) Ms Macharia is the 9th Commission Secretary/CEO after Mr Jesse Muhoro (1967 to 1974), Mr James Kamunge (1974 to 1977), Mr Duncan Mwangi (1978 to 1980), Mr Joseph Lijembe (1980 to 1982), Mr Jackson Kang’ali (1982 to 1998), Benjamin Sogomo (1998 to 2003), Mr James Ongwae (2003 to 2004) and her predecessor Mr Gabriel K Lengoiboni.
4) She holds a Master of Education (Policy and Management) degree from Bristol University, UK and a Bachelor of Education degree in English/Literature from Kenyatta University.
5) After graduating from Kenyatta University with a Bachelor of Education in English/Literature in 1987 she started working at Kahuhia Girls’ Secondary in Murang’a, where she remained for five years until she was promoted to deputy head teacher at Kianderi Girls’ Secondary in the same county.
6) Mrs. Macharia is credited for automating teacher services hence making things easier. Automated services include Tpay (Payroll), Leave, Casualty (Entry/Exit), TPAD, EDMS, Wealth Declaration.
7) In 2014, she was awarded the Order of Grand Warrior by President Uhuru Kenyatta for her contribution to development in and outside her workplace.
8) She was a member of the team that steered the national integrated data system for TSC, including negotiating and getting funding from the World Bank.
9) Mrs. Macharia is viewed by majority of primary school teachers as having a hand on death of their union Knut, orchestrating Wilson Sossion’s ouster and installing a puppet leadership.
9) In her CV, Ms. Macharia has listed travelling, gym, music, farming and assisting the less fortunate as some of her hobbies. Nancy Macharia Biography.
10) Dr. Nancy Macharia will be retiring on 10th June 2025 where she will have served for ten years as TSC CEO (two-five year terms).