8th February, 2023
Regional Directors of Education
County Directors of Education
RE: ILLEGAL TRANSFERS OF GRADE 7 LEARNERS TO STANDARD 8
The above matter refers.
The Ministry has been made aware of attempts by some Primary Schools to register grade 7 learners for 2023 KCPE.
This illegality involves the following:
- Falsification of school records
- Falsification of birth records and biodata of grade 7 learners
- Attempts to change/obtain new birth certificates by parents to aid in the malpractice
- Generation of new UPI for continuing leaners
- Presenting grade 7 learners as class 8
- Facilitating transfers of grade 7 into other schools and presenting them as class 8 transfers
The above presents a serious breach of ethics and integrity by schools.
To this end, all field officers are asked to validate all registration data for KCPE and point out any abnormal increase in KCPE candidature against 2022 class 7 enrolment.
The officers are also instructed to liase with the officers from State Department for Citizen Services on issues of birth certificate issuance that is abnormal.
Any school found to engage in such malpractice must be reported to this office for action.
Dr. Belio R. Kipsang, CBS