Chesamisi Boys High School has been closed indefinitely following a night of riots by students who destroyed property of unknown value.
The students reportedly went on the rampage after 50 students were suspended for defiantly walking out of the school two weeks before the closing date last term.
Speaking to Citizen TV, school principal Christopher Serem said signs of unrest among students began in January last year with the learners complaining of lack of entertainment among other things.
According to the principal the students mostly Form Fours went on a destruction spree in March last year, breaking classroom windows.
Some students who reported back were sent back home on Monday causing anger among other students.
A Computer lab, and two vehicles, one of which belonged to the school principal were destroyed during the Saturday 11pm strike.
Sub county education director Daniel Tarus said investigations have started to establish the root cause of the problem.