The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is recruiting County Trainers for training Junior Secondary School Teachers on Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) in language and humanities.
The recruitment is done by County Teacher Capacity Development Committees (CTCDC) in each county.
Each CTCDC has released an advertisement for those interested to apply. Details of how to apply are contained in those adverts.
Kindly check out the advert for your County to get procedure for applying. Below we have shared the requirements one must meet before making an application.
The deadline for application is 12th April 2023.
RE: ADVERTISEMENT FOR RECRUITMENT OF COUNTY TRAINERS FOR TRAINING TEACHERS ON PEDAGOGICAL CONTENT KNOWLEDGEMENT (PCK) IN LANGUAGE AND HUMANITIES
(a) LANGUAGE: TWO trainers per each INSET in
(ii) Kiswahili/Mathematics OR Science OR Foreign Language
(b) HUMANITIES: TWO trainers per each INSET Centre in:
The County Trainers to facilitate the Pedagogical Content Knowledge(PCK) training for Junior Secondary School teachers will be selected from among practicing secondary school teachers or public teachers’ training college tutors who have specialization in the specified subject/learning areas.
In addition, they must satisfy the following basic requirements:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Education OR a BSC/BA with PGDE in the specified subject/learning area.
- Must be employed by the Teachers ‘Service Commission.
- Must have at least 5 years teaching experience.
- Must be proficient in ICT packages such as MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS PowerPoint among others.
- Must NOT be serving as head or deputy head of an institution
The following be an added advantage:
- Being a SMASE County Trainer
- Being a School Based Teacher Support System(SBTSS) trainer
- Being a CBC Champion teacher
- Being a Subject panelist with KICD
- Being a KNEC IExaminer in the respective subject area cluster.
- Being an ICT Champion teacher
- Resourcefulness in terms of publication of books and periodicals in the relevant subject/learning area.