The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is set to start documents verification for PTE teachers seeking to be deployed to junior secondary schools.
Details show the TSC Sub County Directors are only waiting for guidelines from the Commission on how the verification exercise should run.
This week the Commission closed the application portal for practicing primary school teachers who want to teach Grade 7, 8 and 9 learners.
According to TSC the application exercise was to run till 6th February 2023 midnight when it closed.
TSC asked those meeting the requirements to use the link https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke/tsc-teacher/login to submit their details online.
However only teachers serving under permanent and pensionable terms in public primary schools were required to apply.
Below are some of the requirements the teachers seeking deployment to junior secondary were to meet.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION FOR DEPLOYMENT
1. At least a C+ (Plus) mean grade at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent
2. At least grade C+ (Plus) in the two teaching subjects at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent
3. At least 8 Units in each of the two teaching subjects
4. Must be serving as a primary school teacher under TSC
LIST OF DOCUMENTS PTE TEACHERS WILL PRESENT FOR VERIFICATION
1. PTE Certificate
2. Diploma or Degree certificate
3. KCSE Certificate
4. Leaving Certificates and University Transcripts
5. Letter of Approval from Commission for University Education (CUE) for those with Degree or Diploma from Foreign Universities and Colleges
6. Appointment Letter
7. Letter of Appointment to current grade for school administrators
8. Any other document that may be required by employer