KNUT SPECIAL DELEGATES CONFERENCE INTERNAL MEASURES TO ENSURE ADHERENCE TO COVID-19 PROTOCAL ON 25TH AND 26TH JUNE 2021
In ensuring adherence to the COVID 19 protocols during the Special Delegates Conference (SDC) of the Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT) on 25th and 26th June, 2021 where the main activity will be elections we have developed the following internal measures to ensure adherence le COVID 19 protocols.
1. Voting will be done in an open space;
2. Minimum time will be spent on the voting process;
3. Branches from the following Counties are advised to travel on the same day of voting:
4. Branches who will be accommodated in Nairobi should give details of the places of their accommodation by Wednesday 25th lune, 2021;
5. No night meetings and campaigns whatsoeer should be conducted.
Delegates are directed to remain in their hotel rooms;
6. Buses ferrying delegates should adhere strictly to the COVID-19 protocols.
1. There will be no gathering nor speeches on the nomination and voting days;
2. Each region will be allocated its own time for voting which will be done per branch at a time;
3. On nomination day candidates will appear with their proposers and seconders only;
4. Delegates will remain in their buses until they are called upon to go and vote;
5. No campaigns will be entertained and strictly no posters will be allowed at the venue; ..
6. Each delegate should have their own pen;
7. No ending or hawking ill be allowed at the venue;
8. Strict observation of COVID-19 protocols will be done at the venue:
– Avail enough sanitizers and washing points;
– All delegates must have face masks;
– No hugging nor handshakes;
– Social distancing at the queue will be monitored by security
9. Enough security will be availed to enforce adherence to COVID-19 protocols
10. Voting will be strictly “walk in walk out”
1. Strictly no gathering nor congregations at the venue after voting
2. Delegates will vote and leave the venue for their different destinations.
We hope and believe that these measures will go a long way in making the day a success
DEPUTY SECRETARY GENERAL
CAHIRMAN – COVID PROTOCOL COMMITTEE
KENYA NATIONAL UNION OF TEACHERS