The main suspect in the torching of a school dormitory in Kiambere Secondary School has been arrested by DCI detectives.
The suspect, a 17-year-old male was arrested following an identification parade after the detectives discovered that he had prior to the incident.
According to DCI boss George Kinoti, the suspect also revealed the names of nine other students aged between 15 and 19 years whom they executed the treacherous act.
“The suspect was arrested following an identification parade, after detectives discovered that he had prior to the incident,” said DCI boss George Kinoti.
“The suspect is cooperating well with our investigators and so far, he has revealed names of nine other students with whom they executed the treacherous act. The students all aged between 15 and 19 have been placed in custody at Kiritiri Police Station,” he added.
The suspect is said to have sent a student from a neighbouring school to buy him a matchbox.
All the ten suspects will be arraigned at the Siakago Law Courts on Tuesday.
DCI cautioned other students harbouring similar intentions to seek alternative problem solving mechanisms as opposed to wanton destruction of property.
Last week, the Directorate of Criminal Investigations warned students from primary schools to university against involving themselves in criminal activities.
The DCI said that it was archiving and consolidating charges that may be preferred against students involved in crime.
“Let each student be informed that it will automatically be reflected on the police clearance certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct) when such a student will apply for one,” said the DCI.